Thursday 25 October 2007

The ladder experience


This morning a had a ladder experience.


I was running slightly late for work today. I blame this on the fact that when I woke up it was practically the middle of the night and I felt cheated out of sleep. It was still dark and gloomy at 7am as I rushed through the tube station with a copy of The Metro newspaper tucked under my arm and a steaming raspberry tea in my other hand. The Metro slowly began to slide from my arm and I instinctively reached down to rescue it. In the process I spilt the hot raspberry tea all over my skirt and my nail caught my tights ripping a gigantic hole up the outside of my thigh. (Thank God my legs are freshly waxed!)


I arrived to work at 7:45am looking like a tramp. The ladder in my tights had somehow expanded and stretched across the fool length of my leg and my light grey skirt had a huge contrasting pink stain down the front. The added tragedy is that I didn't even have time to read The Metro. I walked straight to Admin in search of Bimbo. She seems like the type that may have a spare pair of tights with her at all times. She gasped when she saw me and snapped into action. She did have a spare pair of tights but they were hot pink fishnets. Slightly slutty but I guess beggars can't be choosers. And, being the angel that she is, she used cotton pads and nail varnish remover to treat the pink stain. What a life saver!


I invited her join me and Preppy for lunch to show my gratitude but she quickly refused. She apparently has work to do....

2 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Dear Elise,

It's too bad it's taken a very sad circumstance to bring me to your blog, but in any case, I'm delighted to be here! You write like a sort of smarter, sassier version of Bridget Jones, and I'm coming back for certain.
Please spend some time at my blog again and read some of my poetry - it's not your average, introspective drivel...it's quite fun.

Thanks for your words of support for my friend.
Poetikat

Kat Mortensen said...

Putting you on my "Blogfellows" list - will you do the same?
Poetikat