Old Prick came in to work as usual, and acted like nothing happened. After an hour of "normality" I couldn't take the suspense. I took a walk to Gay Boss's office and casually dropped in to say hi.
"I can't tell you what happened so don't ask" he said before I even had a chance to comment on the weather. He's dying to say something I can tell. I hung around for a bit hoping he would crack. Gave up after half an hour.
Old Prick keeps leaving the room for mysterious conversations on his mobile phone. Recruitment probably. I wonder how long it will take him physically leave. Unless of course he's just been given a warning and he's staying on.... I hate being in the dark! Gonna have lunch with Scruffy Artist, he might know something.
Scruffy Artist and I spent lunch sharing information. So far:
- We know that Gay Boss wanted to sack him
- I told CEO that Old Prick is the worst person to work with
- Scruffy Artist told CEO that he thinks Old Prick is not a great team player
- Gay Boss is dying to say something but can't
- Scruffy Artist said that Gay Boss said he'd tell us in a few weeks
- Old Prick is taking secret phone calls
Conclusion: We both think Old Prick has been given a month to leave. Not an earth shattering conclusion... I was hoping for a dramatic exit yesterday. That he'd storm in, clear out his desk and piss off.
Oh well... I wonder how I'm going to rearrange the office when he goes...
Doubt anything else will happen today.